Friday 21 February 2014

Baby Cakes...

Hello there. I have been very busy over the last few days. I have been in the kitchen baking and making away. The smell of cake has been storming its way through the house. There have been so many drooling mouths and growling bellies at the smells. MMMMMMM! It has to be one of the best smells in the world.
Those bellies and mouths remained empty though as the cakes rising steadily were not for us. A friend had asked me to supply some cakes for a baby shower.
How exciting! I don't do cakes very often as the strain causes a lot of back ache and stress on the old hips, but how can you say no to such an exciting occasion? At one point it looked like the little fella was putting a stop to the shower by coming early but thankfully he decided to let Mummy have some cake before his arrival...It is a boy btw hehe!

So without further delay here are the fruits of my labour...



This is the large cake(state the obvious Emma!)
I was really pleased with this and the cupcakes. It isn't very often that I am pleased with my efforts but I like all this lot :)











And of course you wanted to see every picture I took hehe!

All this cake has made me desperate to eat some but Alas! The diet says no! So I guess it is grapes for me.
I hope you are all having a great day.

Happy Friday x


12 comments:

  1. Your cake and buns look amazing, it would be a shame to eat them... go on then if you must..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Am. Amazed! My goodness, gracious! That is the cutest cake and what we call cupcakes, I think I've ever seen for a baby shower. You have got a wonderful talent for this Emma. And now I think I'll have to go back through older posts and see if there is more of this amazing creating going on. I just found your blog recently so I think I have some catching up to do! Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma, just popped over to say hello and thank you for the lovely comment and follow. Your cakes are amazing - you're so talented! The recipient must have been absolutely thrilled. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Emma, you are so talented! Those cakes are so beautiful!!!! Your friend must be totally delighted with these - they're so gorgeous it's a shame to eat them; I'm glad you took so many pics to share with us, thank you! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!!!! I love it all - you are amazing! They are all works of art!!!

    Hope that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma you are truly one amazing woman! These are SO cute and unique! If they taste as great as they look (which I bet they do), the Baby Shower attendees will be on 'cloud nine' :)
    Blessings,
    Aimee
    PS: I am trying to be good also--diet wise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your message on mine today, Emma, I have replied over there! Hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented, no wonder your friend asked you! Everything you made is amazing.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they're so beautiful! You're very talented, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are amazing! I love all the cute little designs on the cupcakes especially. I echo what others have said...you are a very talented lady.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the cutest things ever!! You did a wonderful job!:)

    ReplyDelete